Saturday, February 6, 2010

BP4_2010021_RSS Feeds

As I continue my research into blogs and Web 2.0 technologies, I've discovered several sites I believe will be very helpful.  The first of these is Little School House Blog.  This site gathers articles from multiple sources dedicated to No Child Left Behind, and Race to the Top.  Teaching in Georgia, I appreciate being able to read the latest articles discussing educational issues that pertain to my state.

The next site I'm rather excited about is Synthesizing Education.  This is a very active site with articles covering a wide range of subjects.  So far I've read articles on standardized testing and on teaching students how to think.  The blog categories listed include accountability, assessment, critical thinking skills, technologies and many more.

The next three rss feeds I am following are all specific to music education.  The first of these is Music Teachers Helper.  This site consists of tips for music teachers.  Posts are organized in the a wide variety of categories.  Some of these deal with finances and studio management, while others focus on technology and performance.  The first posts I've read have dealt with music theory and history.  There are currently 20 posts on composing and arranging, which will be my next personal reading assignment.

Debbie Cavalier has an interesting blog on Music, Education, and Technology.  The first post I read at this site referenced the January 17th episode of the hit TV show "24."  Two cartoon music videos created by Debbie and Friends were playing in the opening scene as Kiefer Sutherland and his "granddaughter" were watching TV.  The post continued to expound on the licensing opportunities for original music offerings.

The final blog I will mention today is MusTech.  This site features posts covering general education, music advocacy, music education and music technology.  A project of Dr. Joseph Pisano, this site includes a list of music educators to follow on Twitter.

I have organized my rss feeds into 3 folders.  One contains the various education blogs to which I subscribe, the second has the links to my FSO contacts, and the third contains my fiber arts blogs.  This has helped me better utilize my time and stay on track.

Clip art image courtesy of:  http://free-clipart.net/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these great feeds, Sharon. I have already added "Synthesizing Education" to our LMS on campus. You are right, there are some great topics on education and learning in that feed.

    I am adding the "Music, Education and Technology" to my own reader. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete