Friday, August 27, 2010

As we begin a new school year, it is my task train the new teachers on the use of our LMO, Edline and GradeQuickWeb. Due to some major cutbacks in staffing this year, everyone is covering more classes and extra curricular duties, making the scheduling of training very difficult.

I decided this was an excellent opportunity to experience course building with myudutu.com, while creating an application that would be useful immediately in my school setting.

I have intentionally chosen to not include audio, since the majority of the teachers will be accessing from their classrooms, either during their planning period, or during quiet time activities of their students.

I intend to continue the lessons and assessments to include the reports generated for parent-teacher conferences, as well as the grade verification reports for the end of each quarter.

The following link will access the program in its current state. I welcome your input.

http://publish.myudutu.com/published/evaluations/22008/Course39972/v2010_8_28_5_24_48/course/course39972.html

4 comments:

  1. Your module is very detailed and I’m sure the teachers at your school will appreciate having a walkthrough such as this. I do wish there was a way to control how large an image is within Udutu, as some screenshots appeared to be small. I remedied that by clicking Command + to increase the screen so I could see the detail of the screenshots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your course, and it seems like it will be quite helpful to your school. My wife and I are also working with a private school that is making cutbacks and everyone is stretched super thin. Maybe I will forward this information on to our professors and teacher education departments. Really great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,

    As usual you are providing such a wonderful resource and creating top quality content. What an undertaking. It was great to walk through the course and learn about Edline.com, since I don't know much about it. Our district struggles with providing that all in one platform as well. Keep me posted on your success with this course. My course is faculty related as well, yet optional, so buy in is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,

    I use Edline in my school as well. Luckily we have some really good technology trainings where they helped us learn to use the program. The gave us a condensed flip chart as well. Your UDUTU lesson would come in very hand though, if a teacher forgets something or just needs a refresher. I'm sure the new teachers in your school would find this very helpful. I thought your idea for assessment of the lesson was perfect. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete