Thursday, August 12, 2010

LMO Week 2 Comments on Scott's blog

Scott's blog:

LMO Week 2 Blog


I own lots of filing cabinets. I'm not kidding. Seriously. Lots.

Why pray-tell would someone like me need such a bevy of storage capacity? Within these imposing black obelisks lies the readings, transparencies, news articles, and other educational materials I've collected throughout my past decade in the classroom.

Scott,

I, too, have an inordinate number of filing cabinets. Somehow, regardless of the number of files I have saved in various electronic media, I continue to save print versions of interesting articles and lesson ideas.

I believe the development of LCMS's are still in their infancy. They are still somewhere between the corporate model and the educational setting. To reach their most effective and usable form for educators, the LMS portion needs to be expanded to cover all the areas of the typical school SIS (student information system). The authoring components and the use of RLO's are an extremely important for the future development of these systems. The next step should be the development of RLO's that are not tied to a particular developer or software package. The possibility of a networked repository for SCORM compliant RLO's would break the field wide open for educators to take course authoring to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment