Saturday, September 25, 2010

MAC Week 4 Comments for Scott Legere

"I now ride the bus. Every day, I walk 7 blocks to the Downtown Minneapolis 5th Street Station. From there, I catch the 94Express and ride into downtown St. Paul. If I'm a little early (a rare feat), I'm able to grab a seat by the window and sit relatively distraction free from the chaos that can be indicative of public transportation in a major metropolitan area."

Scott, I love that you have embraced the opportunity your commute has given you. Instead of fidgeting and complaining about the necessity of the commute, you have transformed your ride into a time for introspection and a spot of reading. I almost envy you the bus ride. How wonderful to be able to enter the classroom energized and enthusiastic, ready to share something you have just read. Once we begin to see the possibilities for ourselves as contributors, our whole focus turns toward looking for possibilities for our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment