Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MAC Week 4 Publish/Leadership post # 1


I admit, I am in a quandary trying to decide which route to take for the Publish/Leadership portion of this program. I have two very different paths I wish to take. Our school participates in the Georgia Independent School Association (GISA) conference every year. I would love to present there. This year GISA is on October 1st. Obviously, this years presenters have already been selected. The submission form for 2011 will not be available until August 2011. Obviously this wont "make the cut" for having a venue accepted by the end of month 12. On the other hand, I would very much like to complete my article for publication, but trying to complete both a publication and presentation at the same time is quite daunting, even if it does include the same research information. My current thinking is to complete and publish the article this year, then prepare a presentation next year for GISA.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon,

    I can relate. I would like to present at the Technology in Education (TIE) conference this summer in Copper Mountain, Colorado. I'm looking into deadlines as I type. If it doesn't work out, then I will go the route of publishing an article. The month 12 deadline is a challenge to work around.

    ReplyDelete